Galileo Operations Support Activities
Internship Fixed Term Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany
Uploaded 5 Dec 2019
DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. In addition, we are an Air Navigation Service Provider. Based on our aerospace expertise we are developing highly accurate and manufacturer-independent services for communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS).
Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our growing team of 160 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation of the future. Become a part of us!
In our Operations Department in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich we offer the following options for motivated students:
The specific tasks of the currently approx. 60 employees of the DLR GfR Operations Department revolve around the secure and reliable operations of the Galileo satellites. Correct functioning of the satellites is essential for optimum satellite navigation. As an intern or student assistant, you take over the following tasks:
- Support the Operations Team in reporting and trend analysis on system parameters related to flight and ground operations
- Development of Alpha Numeric Displays and MIMICs for the satellite monitoring and control system
- Supporting simulation activities: preparation, execution, reporting
- Supporting training activities: training preparation and execution
- Development of offline operations support tools
- Support to Operational Databases preparation
- Support to Flight Operations Procedures Validation Reporting
In addition to Final Thesis:
- You are a student and currently looking for a topic for your bachelor or master thesis?
- You would like to write your final thesis in an exciting space company like DLR GfR mbH?
- Then feel free to contact us via our application form - we are happy to work with you on a suitable topic!
- All we need is: curriculum vitae, a short letter of motivation, important requirements of your thesis
Unique activity in space operations + compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of the company requirements + 30 days annual leave + individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad) + varied personnel development program + employer-financed retirement plan + and much more
- Bachelor/Master studies in engineering, aerospace (or similar)
- Good knowledge in MS Office (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in programming languages
- Basic experience with Linux, shell script, PHP, Moodle framework
- Structured, conceptual thinking and working
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Precise and reliable work
- Fluent English
Other Jobs at German Aerospace Center (DLR)
No jobs currently available.