To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
This opportunity exists within the Earth Observation, Navigation and Science (ENS) business unit of Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth, where we have a long heritage in development, build and test of spaceborne radar and passive microwave sensors for Earth observation. Working within a transnational organisation and with an emphasis on advanced imaging techniques you can be involved in a variety of programmes from studies and R&D through to space-flight development, in an innovative environment dealing with unique and challenging new instrument concepts.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
- State-of-the-art technology and techniques studies
- Development & analysis of conceptual and existing payload designs
- Prototyping laboratory work
- Spaceborne hardware assembly, integration and test
- Preparation of reports and presentations
- Participation in meetings with customers and suppliers
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Currently studying a Physics, Aerospace or electrical engineering degree
- Passion for engineering design and innovation
- Keen interest and capability in microwave imaging and sensing, radar or radiometers.
- Keen interest in, and some understanding of the space industry and related Airbus activities
- Experience with office software applications and high level coding/programming (e.g. Matlab, Python or C++ etc.)