Graduate Military Satellite Communications Engineer
Graduate Position 12 months Portsmouth, UK
Uploaded 31 Jan 2020
The successful graduate will join a small team of experienced (Consultant) Systems Engineers and Analysts who are focused on UK Military Satellite Communications Services and Systems. This team has been essential to the successful delivery and operation of the current Skynet 5 system, and is now providing the technical and analytical leadership for the next generation (SKYNET 6) programme.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
The main activities of this role will include:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to understand and capture the user need for the system.
- Production and maintenance of system design elements, including development of models using Model-based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques;
- Supporting the definition and derivation of requirements and architectures for Next-generation Milsatcom systems and services;
- Presentation of designs to both internal staff and external customers;
- Contribution to reports detailing system design and justification to support formal design reviews;
- Working within the team and the wider programme community to assist with the adherence to systems engineering processes;
- Supporting the overall systems engineering consistency of the resulting specifications, design, implementation and acceptance;
- Supporting various initiatives to ensure good design solutions, methods and procedures are transferrable, where possible, across the wider Airbus business;
- Supporting the wider business by providing technical expertise to teams bidding for non UK Milsatcom prospects.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for our success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You can demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a good Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree, with specialisation in at least one of the following:
- Digital Telecommunications;
- Satellite Communications;
- Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and RF Engineering would be desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as a team player.