Graduate Military Satellite Communications Engineer
Graduate Position 2 years Portsmouth, UK
Uploaded 24 Feb 2020
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The successful graduate will join a small team of experienced (Consultant) Systems Engineers and Analysts who are focused on UK Military Satellite Communications Services and Systems. This team has been essential to the successful delivery and operation of the current Skynet 5 system, and is now providing the technical and analytical leadership for the next generation (SKYNET 6) programme.
The main activities of this role will include:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to understand and capture the user need for the system.
- Production and maintenance of system design elements, including development of models using Model-based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques;
- Supporting the definition and derivation of requirements and architectures for Next-generation Milsatcom systems and services;
- Presentation of designs to both internal staff and external customers;
- Contribution to reports detailing system design and justification to support formal design reviews;
- Working within the team and the wider programme community to assist with the adherence to systems engineering processes;
- Supporting the overall systems engineering consistency of the resulting specifications, design, implementation and acceptance;
- Supporting various initiatives to ensure good design solutions, methods and procedures are transferrable, where possible, across the wider Airbus business;
- Supporting the wider business by providing technical expertise to teams bidding for non UK Milsatcom prospects.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for our success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence and Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000 plus a welcome payment of £2000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
You can demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a good Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree, with specialisation in at least one of the following:
- Digital Telecommunications;
- Satellite Communications;
- Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and RF Engineering would be desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as a team player.