Earth-i are developing analytics and insights products based on Earth Observation images and video from satellites. We are using advanced techniques such as Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision and many more to derive meaning from the satellite data. Our products run on the Amazon Web Services cloud platform and we are looking for a Junior Developer to join our expanding technology team to work on our exciting applications and tools.
Working along with colleagues in the technology team to develop applications and tools based on our technology platform to deliver features and functionality for our products and services. The Junior developer role is key to the delivery of data and analytics in a way that is useful for our customers. We use Agile development methods and all our applications and services run on Amazon’s Web Services platform.
- Experience in software development in a Machine Learning related role
- Proven experience developing Deep Learning Algorithms, eg CNNs
- Have worked with remote sensing data, ideally from Earth Observation satellites or aerial imagery
- Familiar with environments eg Python 3, GDAL, Jupyter, OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow, pytorch
- Knowledge in Remote Sensing, mathematical modelling, statistics
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platform (EC2, Sagemaker, S3)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools eg. docker
- Geospatial formats eg geojson, GeoTIFF, coordinate transformations
- Awareness of space platforms and sensors and experience on the operation of image processing and classification techniques
- Knowledge of key principles of satellite remote sensing, image processing, spectral analysis, photogrammetry and image understanding
- Numerate degree (Physics, CompSci) with strong academic background
- A thorough understanding of emerging data science, computer vision and machine learning in particular with respect to remote sensing