Graduate Technical Consultant
Graduate Position Permanent Crawley Court, UK
Uploaded 11 Mar 2020
We are looking for an inquisitive individual to work in our team; Satellite Data Communications (“SDC”) is an exciting area of growth for Arqiva and our work helps to ensure that the UK has the infrastructure to provide connectivity to even the most remote areas of the UK, including those working off-shore on oil rigs. The role involves working closely with our SDC Sales team to capture customer requirements and design and cost technical solutions to meet the client requirements and strategic objectives. This is a really good opportunity for someone with a keen interest in balancing a technical understanding of the satellite industry with a focus on building relationships with Arqiva’ s client base. SDC is a growth industry, driven by business and personal demand for more applications, greater mobility, and higher throughput.
- Become an expert in the satellite data coms industry, technology, and future trends
- Learn about and develop professional working relationships with Arqiva’s customer base (both current and future target customers)
- Play an active role in customer meetings (either in person or via conference calls) and collaborate with our sales team.
- Create and propose designs to meet customer requirements with support and guidance from the wider Pre-Sales team
- Minimum 2:2 degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Network Engineering, Broadcasting, Communications Engineering or similar.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- A genuine interest in technology
- A keen interest satellite communications and telecommunications would be an advantage
- A self-starter looking to learn, develop and grow in the role.
- Experience of solving complex problems from an academic or work setting
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.