Video Application Support Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Bucharest, Romania
Uploaded 26 Mar 2020
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
SES is providing an increasing set of customer-facing applications being hosted in one of our datacenters or in public cloud infrastructure.
Your main task is to provide appropriate technical support to our customers by understanding their issues and either providing a solution directly or escalating to the appropriate instance internally or externally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
• Provide B2B customer support for professional video applications on a 24/7 basis.
• Research, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries; and escalate or reassign issues and problems as needed to appropriate resource for resolution.
• Implement new customer services and optimize operational services.
• Engage directly with the customers in identification of the issues and in reaching the solution as required
• Monitor application performance
• Identify and proactively communicate with software providers and IT infrastructure providers ensuring the needs of the customer are met
• Participate in and manage application oriented projects. Oversee project phases and ensure timely completion of projects
• Adaptability and willingness to learn
• Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Strong customer focus, including experience working with customers directly, and prioritizing customer needs (incl. solving outages)
• Responsible, self-motivated, professional, energetic
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform well as a self-starter
• Ability to prioritize workload, and adapt to new processes and procedures quickly
• Excellent work ethic and ability to perform independently and within a team-based environment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A.S. / B.S. in Software Engineering or a related degree
• Experience providing customer support in a technical capacity and handling as well as documenting requests with tools like Jira and Confluence
• Familiarity with Amazon AWS Services, MS Azure, MS Windows Server and Client Operating Systems, various Linux-Distributions and Firewall-Solutions (Juniper/Palo-Alto Networks)
• Software-Development Skills in Go-Lang, C# or PHP/Java are a plus
• Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity issues