Project Manager, Field of GIS/Remote Sensing
Direct Entry Job 6 months Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Uploaded 26 Mar 2020
4 Earth Intelligence is a leading global provider of innovative geospatial products and earth observation analysis services. We focus on providing customer focused solutions to solve challenging problems. 4 Earth Intelligence now offers onshore and offshore geospatial solutions to meet the needs of all end user groups. 4 Earth Intelligence is offering the opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager to join their rapidly growing team, with the scope to work across all areas of the company.
About the role
The role will provide support to account management and project management activities for 4 Earth Intelligence’s UAE office, supporting the day to day project management activities and liaising with 4 Earth Intelligence’s production centre in the UK, and Pakistan to ensure successful completion of projects. The successful candidate will be an ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative and represent the company in client facing situations. They must have experience in the fields of cartography, mapping and GIS, and a good level of demonstrable experience or formal training in Project Management is mandatory. Experience working across multi-national offices situated in different geographical regions is highly advantageous. The successful applicant will be based in our Abu Dhabi office and will cover the rest of the UAE and Middle East, and meet the mandatory requirements listed below.
● Qualification or formal training in Project Management (Prince 2 / PMI)
● Technical background with a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, for example Geography, Environmental Management, GIS, Remote Sensing, Geophysics.
● Ability to lead and work well as part of a dynamic fast paced team, whilst being able to carry out tasks independently where required.
● Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills
● Ability to work within high pressure situations
● Knowledge of the bidding process, including consulting with various stakeholders and agencies
● In-depth knowledge of building RFI’s and RFP’s
● Deep understanding of procurement
● Demonstrate consistently excellent attention to detail
● Submit work on time to a high-quality standard. Advantageous Experience:
● Experience working in Abu Dhabi and the Middle East region
● Proven track record in successfully securing new work as well as maintaining existing contracts
● Resource / production management and experience building and managing a production team.
● Track record of working across different geographical regions,
● Working across teams situated particularly in UAE, Pakistan and UK would be a particular advantage
● Excellent communication skills.
● Technical GIS and/or Remote Sensing background.
● Account management.
● Project Management
● Be meticulously organised
● Ability to work independently.
● The post is available immediately,
● The post will be offered under an initial period of 6 months with the opportunity to continue based on performance,
● Competitive packages are offered,
● Visa costs will be covered by 4EI.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Helena Schindler Dite - [email protected]intelligence.com. Please note that we cannot accept any applications without a covering letter