This role is intended to provide a broad experience of electronic hardware development,
working on a selection of Military & Aerospace projects that contribute directly to the success
of the business and its customers. The duration of the role is 12 months and it will be based in our Towcester facility in Northamptonshire, UK.
Electronic Engineers are responsible for the design, development and verification of a variety of embedded electronics products, which may include Single Board Computers, Graphics Cards, Sensor Processing products and Network Switches. All are designed for use over extreme temperatures and in harsh environments.
Technologies include the latest generation Intel, AMD, NVIDIA and Freescale chipsets using
high-speed interconnects and cutting-edge thermal management solutions.
You will work with Product Managers and Engineers of many other disciplines to define and
develop exceptional products for our military and aerospace customers and ensure that they
can be reliably manufactured and tested for many years to come.
You will be using modern design entry tools and simulation environments, for both board-level
and programmable logic design.
• Design, Implement and Test embedded electronic products
• Perform and understand Hardware Integration and Verification
• Gain knowledge and experience of engineering tools and processes
• Get involved in the development and management of product requirements
• Report verbally on progress and produce clear, concise written documentation
• Studying for a degree in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
• Good understanding of computer architectures and embedded systems
• Good creative, problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiasm for the technology and its use in Military & Aerospace applications
• Desire to develop engineering skills in high-speed board & programmable logic design
• Ability to contribute effectively to team-working and group discussions
• Ability to establish and achieve personal deadlines and contribute to meeting project timescales