Junior Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, Oxford, UK
Uploaded 6 May 2020
Deimos Space is selecting enthusiastic and proactive engineers to integrate Data Systems division, in Harwell (Oxford) UK.
The candidates shall design and implement C++ software processing algorithms for scientific data acquired by optical instruments onboard an Earth Observation satellite. These will be used in the ground processor to generate L1 and L2 products.
- Programming languages: Some experience of using C/C++. Experienced Java developers will also be considered and retrained in C++.
- Java, MATLAB and web service experience is useful.
- Software engineering methods and techniques.
- A good understanding of maths/physics is helpful.
- Experience in developing or using computer simulations of real-world systems, or in analysis of data.
- Knowledge of image processing techniques should be considered an asset