Data & Computer Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Uploaded 17 May 2020
Maana Electric’s engineering team is looking to fill the role of a Data & Computer Systems Engineer. The main tasks for this position within Maana’s engineering team include:
- Being responsible of the data handling and communication design of complex subsystems within the data and communication subsystem.
- Design of the data handling equipment, the communication network and other related devices within the system.
- Developing and performing dedicated models for Software-in-the-loop testing.
- Design of data acquisition, storage, and visualization systems.
- Performing literature research and trade-off analysis for the definition of subsystem requirements and create the solutions to meet the expected performance requirements.
- Collaborating with specialists in other disciplines to support their data and communication needs and integration into the data and communication subsystem.
- Conducting testing of the designed subsystem, post-data analysis with theoretical and experimental data and writing reports.
- Master degree in Computer Science Engineering or related engineering field and 3 years of experience OR Ph.D. in Computer Science/Telecommunications Engineering in the field of system data handling and communication networks.
- Familiarity or experience with signal processing and data acquisition.
- Experience in the development of modelling and simulations tools.
- Experience with datacenter networks implementation, support and database programming languages (i.e. mysql, oracle).
- Familiarity with internet Protocol (TCP/IP), routing protocols, LAN switching, Internet and Intranet systems, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based network management systems.
- Good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and modelling tools and proficiency in programming languages (Python, C++, etc.).
- Experience installing network equipment and wiring.
- Good written and oral communication in English. Other languages are considered an asset.
- Strong work ethics and passion to set and meet high performance standards.
- Leadership and team motivation skills.
- Able to set priorities and work under tight deadlines.