System Engineer - Future Projects & Exploration
Direct Entry Job Permanent Brussels, Belgium
Uploaded 25 May 2020
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, Future Projects & Exploration (FPX) Team. The Team is responsible for the study, design, prototype and test of enabling technologies for future missions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing systems engineering expertise for the definition, development and qualification of the following products in on-going projects:
- Electro-/Mechanical and chemical processing payloads for exploration and In-Situ Resource Utilisation (ISRU)
- Systems and subsystems for lunar mobility (Lunar Volatiles Mobile Instrument -LUVMI- rover)
- Exploration and payload systems trade-off, designing, prototyping, prototype de-bugging, functional verification and optimisation
- Conducting and leading studies related to future human spaceflight and exploration of the solar system
- Supporting the Team Lead for projects and preparing proposals
- Being responsible for the delivery of technical products for assigned projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Aerospace, Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Process engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of space systems engineering
- Experience with the development cycle from feasibility studies to qualification and production
The following are considered an asset:
- Development of spacecraft/payload thermal and structural designs
- Knowledge of:
- International spaceflight programmes, knowledge of spaceflight standards (ECSS/NASA)
- Geology/Earth/Lunar/Physical, Space Resources, tribology or materials science
- Experience in professional design of mining equipment, project management, conducting trade-off studies, leading or participating in integrated tests.