Sen’s vision is to democratize space using video to inform, educate, inspire and benefit all humanity. Sen’s mission is to stream real-time videos from space to billions of people, providing unique perspectives of our ever-changing world and future in space.
We have deployed our first video cameras in Low Earth Orbit and are now scaling our systems. Sen's cameras will be deployed on both our own satellites and as hosted payloads on other spacecraft to capture the maximum number of perspectives of what's happening on Earth and in space, including deploying video cameras on and around the Moon and later Mars, providing multi-world data.
The successful candidate for the Software Engineer position will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely within a small multidisciplinary team as a Software Engineer to help develop new sub-systems from concept through to flight
- Design and implement embedded real-time software for high resolution video camera systems running on embedded platforms (ARM processors, Linux, FreeRTOS etc)
- Assist in design and implementation of software architecture, test and validation regimes and release management processes
- Optimise software designs for reliability and fault detection, tolerance and recovery
- Produce and maintain design documentation and test reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer engineering field or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with real-time software development on Linux, FreeRTOS, etc.
- Experience with software development in C/C++ targeting ARM processors, debugging tools, code profiling and automated testing
- Authorised to work in the UK
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the space industry and enthusiasm for working in this sector
- Experience working with formal requirements, software configuration control systems and coding and documentation standards
- Software development using other languages e.g. Python, and other processor architectures
- Developing for embedded Linux including Linux customisation, Linux build systems, scripting and bootloaders
- Familiarity with electronics and hardware integration
- Familiarity with systems designed for high reliability or harsh environments in automotive, aerospace, defence or medical industries is favoured