With remote working being at the core of how we function and organise anything at UKSEDS, the Systems Team has the great responsibility of ensuring everything is running smoothly. We have a number of different websites, both public and internal, and use various systems that sometimes don’t play nicely with each other.
Role: Team Member
We are looking for volunteers to join the Systems Team and help the Team Leader with:
- Running and maintaining our platforms and websites
- Setting up new websites or software for new events
- General tech support
Why should you volunteer with UKSEDS?
Joining UKSEDS is the best way to get involved in the space sector as a student. You’ll gain all sorts of skills and experience, and have the chance to work with lots of space organisations and members of the community. Most importantly, you’ll get to work with other like-minded students to achieve something incredible, and have fun while you do!
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely, is highly motivated, and is generally a nice person. Working with UKSEDS should be something that you enjoy doing. We don’t need you to be studying a STEM degree, all you need is a keen interest in space!
If at any point, for any reason, you can’t do the role, that’s fine. We are students too, and we appreciate that exams, deadlines, and life often get in the way of volunteer roles like these. We will work with you to deal with these issues.
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Ability to communicate and solve technical issues with non-computer savvy volunteers
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team but comfortable working on projects alone
- Be a member of UKSEDS (it is free - ukseds.org/join) [To be eligible to volunteer you must be over 18 and be studying or working at a UK-based institution or have been in the last 3 years]
- Familiarity with Google Admin (GSuite)
- Knowledge of security control best practices
- Experience in a professional society or student group