MDA UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are a subsidiary of MDA, an internationally recognised leader in space robotics, space sensors, and antennas. MDA UK provides support to our European based customers as well as specialising in the UK development of space qualified metrology instruments, communications solutions, and intelligent sensors.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international team developing instrumentation for several space programmes, including lunar missions and technology demonstrators.
You will be working at the Harwell campus, an innovative hub for science and technology advancement in the UK.
The AIT technician is responsible for supporting the manufacture and test of company products and maintaining stores and equipment. This is a great opportunity for a pro-active and organised individual to develop their skills and responsibilities as the company grows.
- Run test procedures, collect data, and write up technical reports
- Soldering and PCB modifications.
- Cable/harness manufacturing
- Mechanical assemblies
- Manage Optical, Electrical & Mechanical GSE (calibration, servicing)
- Write AIT Plans
- Provide input into design from AIT perspective (this might be covered in “participate in project meetings”)
- PCA inspection
- Participate in project team meetings
- General laboratory and clean room maintenance
- Stock management (including flight stores)
- Support set up of new company facilities: i.e. preparing new labs and cleanrooms for use (cleanliness requirements, environment monitoring & logging, consumables, safety, etc.).
- Procurement of optical/electronic/mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Inspection of received parts and knowledge of the Goods-In process.
- Support quality and product assurance
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of required quality assurance processes and systems that will assure products and services meet program, company, customer and industry standard requirements
- Support internal, external, and customer audit activities
- PCB assembly
- Practical experience as an electronic technician
- Familiarity with common electronic, electrical, optical and mechanical measuring instruments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Works Orders & Kitting process.
- AIT experience
- Positive and proactive attitude
Skills Considered An Asset
- Space experience/ Knowledge of ECSS
- Experience in cleanroom environments and the practices associated with their preparation and use
- Prototyping experience
- Test experience. e.g. EMC, radiation, vibration, thermal (logistics, tooling, test house liaison)
- Programming (Python, Matlab)
- Experience with lasers or testing optical components
- Previous experience working with ISO 9001 standards
Other Jobs at MDA UK
No jobs currently available.