Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Engineer, based in Frascati (Italy).
We are looking for a Operations Engineer for joining the Sentinels Data Hub Operations Team
The job holder will be part of the Sentinels Data Hub Team as Operations engineer. He/she will be involved in monitoring and maintaining the Sentinels Rolling Archive data dissemination Service.
Main tasks are:
- Support the review and/or preparation of the documentation relevant to the indexing and storage of the main products metadata in the DHuS archives scientifically meaningful to end-users.
- Support testing and verification activities.
- Execute regular maintenance activities.
- Support the configuration control and definition of the network interfaces.
- Execution of Transfer to Operations of service applications (e.g. DHuS).
- Real-time monitoring and control of the end-to-end product publication chains.
- Management of service incidents and anomalies.
- Generation and maintenance of Operational Procedures and work instructions.
- Linux Shell scripting for operational incidents management.
- Interfacing with other groups (software development teams, PDGS teams, Copernicus SCI team, Network and Security team).
- Support the update of web contents (e.g. user guides, news publication, service web portals)
- Support to the help desk for replying to operational engineering issues.
- Extraction of service statistics and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly Operational Reports and Service Performance Reports.
- IT Service Infrastructure housekeeping.
- Support On-call operational activities.
For this position the succesfsful candidate will bring:
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (e.g. RedHat)
- Good Knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Good Knowledge of Database Management Systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a team and to share and acquire knowledge
- Proactive problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of Earth Observation satellite data product formats.
- Knowledge of remote sensing algorithms
- Knowledge of Copernicus Data Access Project
- Good knowledge of French (written and spoken)
The deadline for this position has passed