Astroscale is seeking to employ a motivated business analyst at our UK office based in the Harwell Space Cluster. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a dynamic company seeking to make a positive contribution to the growing problem of orbital debris that endangers humanity’s continued use of space.
The business analyst will support the Head of Business Analysis in developing the business case for Astroscale’s future operations and will collaborate extensively with the engineering, policy and other divisions to develop interdisciplinary consensus for Astroscale’s future strategy.
Astroscale’s work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, with plenty of opportunities to learn and contribute. This role would suit an early career stage graduate, with some experience in the space industry, who wants to develop their commercial skills whilst working in a global start-up at the forefront of space sustainability.
- Provide analytical and technical support for various projects, leading market analysis and research.
- Maintain and optimise internal databases that track relevant business information.
- Analysis of potential customers for future Astroscale missions to support internal strategic decision-making.
- Develop cost estimates to assess the future pricing of debris-removal services.
- Investigate how satellite operators evaluate debris removal strategies and quantify the value of Astroscale’s services.
- Work with the business development and sales teams to support business analysis required for future bids and programmes.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in maths, economics, finance or another analytic/quantitative subject
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a commercial environment.
- Analytical mindset and strong quantitative skills – ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to use logic to collect, evaluate and synthesize multiple sources of information, e.g. articles and research papers
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills including to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the space and satellite industry
- Passionate about space with knowledge of the space environment and space debris
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to take initiative
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- 2+ years’ experience working as a professional analyst in the space industry
- Experience or knowledge in the following areas: debris removal, space situational awareness (SSA), in-orbit maintenance or servicing.
- Experience working in policy and/or regulation (international or national)