Space Optical Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Oxford, UK
Uploaded 4 Oct 2020
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Joining the systems team of Thales Alenia Space in the UK and working on a fantastic earth observation mission, the optical engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform optical design of the payload
- Perform modelling, simulation and trade-offs for the payload
- Perform straylight analysis
- Define calibration and alignment plan
- Selection of parts suitable for the space environment
- Manage interface specification
- Support to reviews at all levels of the design, development and testing of the payload
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
- Experience with Requirements management tools such as DOORS, and modelling tools will be an advantage
- Experience with modelling tools
- Experience with Zemacs would be an asset
Who are you?
You have an experience in optical payload design?
You have an experience in image sensors and filters?
You hold a degree in engineering?
You have got a strong team spirit?