Engineering Technical Documentation Writer and Controller
Direct Entry Job Permanent Edinburgh, UK
Uploaded 13 Oct 2020
We design, manufacture, and test our own rocket engines in house and are currently developing engines for our first, second and third stages of our Skyrora XL vehicle, as well as engines for our Skylark L suborbital launch vehicle. We create many documents to support these efforts, ranging from procedures to test rocket engines to System Engineering Gate documents. Skyrora is looking for an Engineering Technical Document Writer & Controller to join our fast-growing team as a member of our Engineering Technical Support Team, to increase documentation output, clarity and project performance.
The role will be supporting our various engineering teams across all projects in producing the highest level of technical documents for products, projects, activities etc. You will also work closely with all teams to deliver, edit and review continuously the documents as well as managing document control. The ideal candidate will hold an understanding of how to structure complex technical information, be an engineer themselves, have high levels of attention to detail and have experience of technical writing. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Engineering and work with teams across our divisions (test site, operations, vehicle assembly, etc).
Preferred Experience & Skills (You need these)
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in an engineering related field (Aerospace / Mechanical etc)
- Experience in technical writing for an engineering discipline
- Knowledge of system engineering document processes
- Knowledge of basic engineering documentation standards
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Ability to provide high quality documentation with an excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to set goals, prioritize multiple objectives with various deadlines and independently manage documentation projects
- Able to work and embed themselves into the various teams and projects to understand products and services
- Have a passion for the space sector
Additional Requirements (You should have these)
- Must be willing to travel for work
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling for extended periods of time
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic teamwork-oriented environment
- Must be determined to make a significant contribution to UK Space launch
- Valid passport
- Be Awesome.
Other Jobs at Skyrora
No jobs currently available.