This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Marketing Manager to take the lead as our sole marketer in managing, coordinating and delivering the marketing of our products and services, and helping to build our company brand.
The technical nature of what we do leads to a focus on content marketing and we are looking for excellent written communications skills, with proven ability to create both short-form and long-form content from social media posts to articles and blog content. Although creating and maintaining a strong visual identity is important for us, we recognise that it is our high level of expertise which our customers trust and we see the Marketing Manager taking responsibility for driving the creation and delivery of thought leadership content which communicates our capabilities to our target markets.
As a key member of our team you will be responsible for managing the company’s marketing initiatives. Using market research and analysis, where it is available, you will drive marketing strategy, planning and overseeing the production of all promotional materials and marketing campaigns. Internal communications are also important, and you will be responsible for reporting marketing and sales results to the rest of the team, including senior executives and engineers.
Essential skills and experience
We see experience with the following as essential to the job:
- establishing marketing goals based on past performance and market forecasts;
- overseeing current offerings and helping develop initiatives for new products or services;
- researching and analysing market trends, demographics, pricing, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies;
- working with senior and engineering staff to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels working with assigned budgets;
- overseeing the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, press releases, and other marketing-related projects;
- leading the creation of both short- and long-form written content, with an emphasis on thought leadership, by working with technical staff;
- communicating with various media buyers, advertising agencies, printers, and other services to help marketing projects come to fruition;
- identifying relevant trade shows and conferences and planning for company attendance;
- managing exhibition events within budget and reporting on return on investment through measurement metrics such as number of leads, visitor attendance and brand awareness;
- tracking marketing and sales data and communicating results to other team members; and
- evaluating marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback.
We would like to see these skills demonstrated through previous experience in a technical marketing role, preferably with a marketing qualification
We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team. We’re especially looking for someone who:
- Works well both independently and in a team as part of a fast-paced technical environment
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, both for internal and external, customer-facing, interactions
- Has creative flair and an eye for detail in both visual and written content
- Is interested in learning new skills and is open to new ideas and ways of working as well as sharing their experience with others
Desirable skills and experience
The following skills would definitely be a bonus:
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the space industry or a similar industry
- Experience working with an engineering-heavy team
- Some experience of marketing software products and/or services
- The ability to network with industry leaders and decision makers