Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 16 Oct 2020
The successful candidate will be joining the Open Cosmos Tech team in Harwell-Oxford (UK). She/He will take responsibility for the AOCS subsystem of flight projects through all phases from early design till on-orbit operations.
Skills, attitude and experience
- MSc or PhD; university degree in related disciplines (e.g. aerospace, control engineering…)
- Space systems engineer experience, with an emphasis on AOCS.
- Experience in AOCS product engineering.
- Experience in supporting the AIT phase of satellite missions
- Drive to learn and coach others
- Self-driven attitude with problem-solving mentality
Nice to have
- Experience in supporting orbital operations for AOCS commissioning and nominal operations
- Experience in development and verification of AOCS algorithms in MATLAB or similar, including hardware in the loop verification
- Experience in software implementation of AOCS algorithms in C or similar
- Supply chain network