The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Senior RF engineer is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
- Responsible for all RF sub-systems on the satellite including primary communications in UHF/VHF/SBAND/XBAND, GNSS receiver chain and payload development (e.g. AIS, IOT).
- RF circuit design including architecture, schematic/layout, simulation and test.
- Undertake design reviews and create design documentation, manuals, test procedures, and reports as necessary
- Undertake make/buy assessments aligning with technical roadmap and project needs.
- Interface with suppliers and partners in procurement and development of new systems.
- RF system test and bring-up, functional testing, EMC and qualification.
- Deliver RF analysis for mission and platform projects e.g. link budget assessment, design for EMC.
- Design of radio system architectures including SDR transceivers.
- Design of RF front end circuitry.
- Antenna selection and integration.
- Practical experience in RF hardware test and debug.
- Product development experience throughout lifecycle including handover to manufacturing and test.
- Experience in software aspects of SDR systems such as GNU Radio, USRP and lower level digital interfaces in software or VHDL are desirable.
- Experience of communications protocol selection for robust, secure links would be desirable.