Image Processing and Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 10 Nov 2020
DEIMOS is selecting engineers in a full range of experience (junior and senior) to be integrated in the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre of the Flight Systems Business Unit, to support new growth areas in ImageProcessing and Artificial Intelligence.
The work of the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre is oriented to the design, development, specification and validation of GNC and AOCS systems for a broad range of aerospace and aeronautical platforms. As a matter of reference, DEIMOS activities cover:
- Satellite formation flying, rendezvous, and active debris removal (ADR)
- Entry, descent and landing on planets (Earth, Mars) & natural satellites
- Launch vehicles
- Planetary exploration and observation and Interplanetary Navigation
- Unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs, UGVs)
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Development of onboard Image Processing (IP) and Computer Vision (CV) chain elements as part of the GNC/AOCS sub-system making use of optical sensors (camera, lidar, …)
- Design, implementation, specification and validation of IP/CV solutions for Navigation and Earth-Observation (EO) onboard data processing
- Development of IP/CV design, analysis and simulation engineering tools
- Development and implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based algorithms for IP/CV, as well as other domains, including planning and FDIR
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical,
Electronic) or a related degree (e.g. Physics)
Desired: Postgraduate studies (M.Sc or Ph.D) providing a solid background in at least
two of the following:
- Image processing and computer vision techniques, covering acquisition to postprocessing, including techniques such as Image segmentation and Object tracking
- Artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, including machine learning and deep learning
- Sensor fusion, filtering and estimation techniques
Required: No professional experience required.
Desired: Engineer with at least 2 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered).
The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed positively.
Required – The following capabilities are required for the post:
• Solid theoretical background in image processing and computer vision, and/or
• Good programming skills, at least in C++ or Python
Desired – The following capabilities are desired for the post:
• Solid background on statistics
• Practical experience in image processing and computer vision, and artificial
intelligence, for onboard implementation and for autonomous systems
• Practical experience in IP/CV for Earth Observation
• Experience in ESA/EC programmes is welcome
Good level of English, spoken and written
- Capability to integrate in and work within a team
- Initiative, autonomy and self-development
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues
- Availability to travel and spend time collocated in different DEIMOS branches
Other Jobs at DEIMOS Space
No jobs currently available.