Quality Process Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent West Yorkshire, UK
Uploaded 9 Dec 2020
Teledyne Defence & Space (a business unit of Teledyne Aerospace & Defence Electronics UK) provide enabling technologies for industrial growth markets. We have evolved from a company that was primarily focused on aerospace and defence, to one that serves multiple markets that require advanced technology and high reliability.
Teledyne Defence & Space (TDS) can offer fully integrated SwAp-C EW solutions, MFA’s and fully operational RWR systems. With unrivalled RF & MW application knowledge we have experience of creating innovative solutions for the most challenging applications.
We also specialise in integrated frequency conversion and filter products for satellite payloads and have been selected to supply Flexible Channelisers to OneWeb for its satellite payload system designed to provide low earth orbit broadband internet access worldwide. TDS are also proud winners of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2019: International Trade and The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2020: Innovation.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The purpose of the Process Quality Engineer is to manage / facilitate the improvement of processes to ensure they consistently deliver product that conforms to agreed specified requirements (i.e. improve the capability and repeatability of the processes)
- Collect and analyse data to support process monitoring, failure investigations and improvements.
- Recording of Incidents
- Risk Identification and Management
- Accurate, factual reporting of incidents, failures, improvements and status of actions.
- Lead the NRB activity for process related failures
- Facilitate the corrective actions
- Verification of effectiveness of actions taken.
- Review NRB progress with the customer, including presenting findings.
- Report NRB activity to the project.
- Monitor processes
- Effectiveness of actions.
- Support Quality Control and management / supervisory functions in delivering compliant product on-time.
- Product Assurance experience
- Knowledge of Space/Satellite industry - processes, standards, requirements
- Quality tools;
- Lean manufacturing
- 8D approach
- Root Cause Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Use of Excel to analyse and present data.
- Word and PowerPoint
- Auditing (Lead or internal auditor)
- Proven success in collating data, prioritising actions, determining root cause and implementing corrective action
- Conversant with DMIAC processes, better known as six sigma