Teledyne e2v is an exciting place to work, come and join us!
Our Systems & Quantum team is developing products in order to access new markets in timing, gravity and secure communications in space and on ground. High precision timing solutions are crucial for the synchronisation of large networks in telecoms (5G, 6G) and for navigation while gravity sensors could detect objects beneath the ground (sinkhole, tunnels, pipes, etc.) for the construction sector/defence and could benefit future science space missions.
The Systems Engineer will be a key member of the growing Systems & Quantum team.
Working with other engineering functions and external partners, the systems engineering role requires an experienced systems engineer with a strong physics, electronics, space or communications background. The systems engineer will use his/her skills, knowledge and experience to aid the delivery of a wide range of projects using a systems engineering approach, to bring ground breaking new products to market.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Apply pragmatic best practice Systems Engineering techniques to support project delivery, bids and tenders.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and realise commercial opportunities through to project delivery.
- Lead the capture, development and management of requirements across engineering programmes.
- Undertake system architecture studies to identify preferred & optimal candidate solutions, considering design trade-offs between subsystems, new technology opportunities & risks, requirements, and project cost & time constraints
- Identify, track, and resolve relevant project issues.
- Lead engineering stage-gate reviews
- Ensure appropriate configuration and change management of engineering artefacts.
- Act as a technical point of contact with customers and subcontractors ensuring proper governance including co-ordination of design reviews/workshops.
- Coach, mentor and/or manage other Systems Engineers as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Hands-on leadership for the execution of engineering development projects/programmes across the full development lifecycle.
- Fully conversant with the principles of Systems Engineering.
- Wide and deep knowledge within projects operating across multi-disciplined teams (e.g. electromechanical, electronics and software).
- A positive outlook with a "can do" attitude and an ability to challenge and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to communicate, positively influence and negotiate at all levels within an organisation.
- Resourceful, innovative, adaptable and persuasive in obtaining required information and driving through approved changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to draw conclusions from disparate sources of data and information.
- Demonstrable experience of Design for Manufacture / Design to Cost.
- Experience of supporting technical bids and proposals.
- Ability to multi-task on several assignments and complete all to a high standard, with a high degree of energy to deliver on commitments.
- Ability to listen, understand issues and work collaboratively.
- Develops long-lasting cross-functional relationships, including Business Development, Project Management, Operations, and Quality to achieve results.
A technical understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Complex electronic and/or software systems.
- Imaging sensors, lasers and/or optical systems
- Quantum physics - specifically cold atom interferometry, quantum key distribution and coherent population trapping
- Design of components and systems for space applications
- Proficient with some toolsets and understand the applicability / tailoring within a range of projects (e.g. Requirements Management Tools, System Modelling Tools (SysML/UML, Matlab)
- Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile Methods / Tools would be desirable.
- Knowledge of System Reliability, Failure and Safety analysis (RAM analysis, FMECA, HAZID, SIL, production of R&M and Safety Cases).
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or Science (or equivalent experience).
- Formal Systems Engineering qualifications (e.g. INCOSE CSEP) or working towards.
- Charted Engineer status or working towards it.
- Current holder of SC level security clearance, or eligible to obtain.
Other Jobs at Teledyne e2v
No jobs currently available.