The purpose of this role is to successfully manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering project team to fulfil the requirements of the Airbus One Web Satellite Programme.
- Provide strong project leadership to the respective engineering project teams.
- Work with the Technical Leads to plan specific design activities and allocate resources to meet the objectives of the Airbus One Web Satellite Programme.
- Provide day-to-day project management for all assigned projects.
- Undertake cross project resource analysis, advising on any conflicts and prioritisation.
- Develop an open engineering culture supportive of information sharing & the stimulation of new ideas.
- Undertake definition & detailed planning of specific product development projects in conjunction with the technical Lead staff throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be responsible for the achievement of the cost and schedule objectives of each product development project as detailed within the Customer order documents. (Customer may also be internal for PV projects)
- Adhere to the Project Management Process and provide regular feedback on respective projects with respect to progress achieved, work left to complete, new issues and risk identification and mitigation.
- Provide exception reports to senior management where any change to a project plan has an adverse effect on the overall Programme.
- Provide a focal point of contact on assigned projects for all the stakeholders and project team members.
- Take a lead in the generation and support commercial proposals as part of the bid team as new enquiries are received through the Sales function.
- Identify and lead, where required, improvements to product development performance, risk, cost and schedule management processes.
- A strong track record of successfully delivering technology programmes and projects, preferably in the Space or Defence sectors.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using your influencing skills to overcome challenges
- Able to show commercial awareness and to interact with customers and suppliers.
- Professional qualification preferable.
- A track record of creativity and innovation.
- Knowledge of active and passive RF and microwave technology, including amplifier, mixer, oscillator and filter-type technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Project software and Microsoft Office are essential.