Embedded Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Essex, UK
Uploaded 9 Dec 2020
Teledyne Paradise Datacom are looking for a Software Engineer to join their Team. We are seeking a key individual to join the existing software team engaged in the development of advanced electronics systems for the satellite modems markets.
The purpose of this role is to design, develop and support software within the engineering department. The role will include interfacing with Pre-Sales, Operations and the Customer to provide them with the optimal satellite network solutions.
Main responsibilities for this role will be:
- Developing low-level embedded software for Linux operating system, Linux kernel development & Linux network programming.
- Embedded C and C++ programming for high-performance ARM processors or PowerPC.
- Experience programming hardware devices at register level. Interfacing with and understanding FPGA technology, experience of DSP, VHDL or digital electronics.
- Knowledge of IP networking protocols, routing, PPP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, iptables and infrastructure is essential.
- Good understanding of UART, SPI and I2C hardware interfaces.
- Knowledge of PCIe bus protocol.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Software engineer with a minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role with the following:
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of successfully undertaking complex development tasks to a given schedule with minimal guidance and supervision
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject (e.g. software/electronic engineering)
- A track record of creativity and innovation.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work alone and in teams.