ArQit is a world-leading high-innovation organisation: we're building the world's first global quantum safe cloud SaaS system to deliver provable security to data at rest, on the move and in transaction.
ArQit has brought together a world-leading team of pioneers in engineering, computer science and cryptography, and we now have an opportunity for a Satellite Control Segment Engineer to support the design and development of the satellite control systems and preparation for operations. This will be an exciting role working towards the deployment and operations of the ArQit QKD system.
The role is based in London with significant home-working time possible; there will be some international travel.
We are committed to maintaining a working environment which is welcoming and supportive.
What you will be doing
- Define and manage the requirements and system level design for the satellite control and TT&C systems.
- Define operational concepts.
- Manage suppliers for the delivery of operations products (databases, procedures, etc.) and satellite control systems.
- Manage the deployment and validation of operational systems.
- Write test plans/procedures and manage verification activities for the control segment and higher system verification testing.
- Educated to degree level in Physics, Engineering or a Technical Discipline (min 2:1)
- Proven experience in satellite control segment delivery and/or operational system administration.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously within a small dynamic team.
- Ability to work in the UK and ability to obtain UK security clearance are both essential
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Familiarity with Modelling Tools e.g. MatLab, Python, System Toolkit
- Familiarity with Requirements Management Tools e.g. DOORS, JAMA
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Experience with LEO control systems and operations.
- Experience with ECSS standards.
Other Jobs at ArQit
No jobs currently available.