As a Full Stack Developer with Energeo, you will help design and develop GIS programming applications and tools that strengthen our businesses product portfolio and enable climate stakeholders to make better decisions, faster. You will be responsible for programming using languages such as Python, SQL, C++ and Java to write code and automate processes.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious recent graduate or early-stage professional looking to launch and further their careers in the geospatial or environmental sector.
● Develop GIS mapping applications and tools
● Understand client needs and design applications in accordance
● Analyse end-user issues and provide solutions
● Create demos and guides to explain GIS application use to customers
● Provide maintenance and support of applications and mapping systems.
You will ideally have a background in software development with some commercial experience. Candidates with an BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering are preferred but those with equivalent and relevant commercial experience will also be considered. Key requirements for the role are:
● Understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
● Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
● Ability to work with and build RESTful APIs
● An understanding of cloud hosting on AWS or GCP
● Ability to work with Git and online repo managers like Gitlab
● An understanding of UX / UI requirements and the integration of these
● A basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques
● An interest in geospatial data or renewable energy and the environment
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Other Jobs at energeo
No jobs currently available.