Junior Web Developer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Falmouth/Remote, UK
Uploaded 11 Mar 2021
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Junior Web Developer to join our team, to advance the capability and growth of the XplorIT product range, revolutionising the way that venues and events engage with their visitors.
You will work within our development team and undertake ASP.NET web development to meet project needs. You can expect to work throughout the development stack, from ASP.NET, to high-performance servers hosted on AWS, engaging with high-profile clients from a wide range of exciting events, venues and universities.
1. Undertake ASP.NET web development under the supervision of a Lead Software Developer.
2. Maintain computer systems and software to ensure connectivity and operations are available as required, working with Lead Software Developer
3. Create and maintain technical documentation
4. Report work completed on a weekly basis to Lead Software Developer, and actively seek feedback on work.
5. Agile working practices
You’ll need a proven track record in developing scalable technical stack, preferably ASP.NET. It would be an additional benefit to have worked with OOP, AWS and TDD, with an agile approach. You should have a willingness to learn, be able to work under your own initiative and within a team, and relish the opportunity to solve problems and produce excellent outcomes for our clients.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Software development experience with ASP.NET and Angular - Essential
- Software development experience with OOP (C# preferred, however C++/Java or similar is acceptable) -Desirable
- Experience of using Amazon Web Services - Essential
- Experience of back-end development of iOS and Android mobile apps - Desirable
- Understanding of agile working practices - Desirable
- Understanding of Test Driven Development - Desirable