Marketing and Communications Officer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Didcot, UK
Uploaded 31 Mar 2021
Astroscale is seeking to employ an experience and motivated Marketing and Communications Officer at our office based in Harwell, UK. This role will support the development and implementation of Marketing and Communications campaigns for Astroscale’s UK / Europe MarComms function based at Harwell Space Cluster campus, near Oxford, UK. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of how the media work, excellent writing skills and great digital content development skills and creativity. The candidate will have started to develop their communication skills and experience in a fast-paced environment. Excited about the space sector and the issue of space sustainability, this role will work across teams within the UK and overseas. This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager of Marketing & Communications, Astroscale UK.
- Develop high quality written content for dissemination across Astroscale’s digital channels, including Astroscale’s website, newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channels.
- Develop digital assets for digital campaigns on Astroscale’s digital platforms (in-house and using suppliers) e.g., visuals, infographics, videos, soundbites etc.
- Coordinate the digital content calendar for ASUK
- Analyse and report on digital results
- Support with the development of media relations in the UK / Europe, responding to media enquiries in a timely manner
- Keep the media database up to date with latest contacts for the media in UK / Europe
- Help plan for press events and visits as required
- Compile press coverage reports, and press coverage analyses for UK / Europe
Conferences and events
- Ensure the conference and events calendar is kept up to date, sourcing new opportunities for conference activities and presentations
- Conceptualise and help to deliver the materials (print, digital, merchandise) for conferences and events.
- Coordinate the inventory of merchandise and materials
- Support logistics arrangements for smooth running of events e.g., speaker support, side events, liaise with Office Manager to ensure travel / hotel and accommodation are arranged for participants etc.
- Support the development of internal communications channels, projects and content for ASUK / Europe.
- Attend weekly and monthly company meetings.
Marketing & communications administration
- Coordinate quotes, invoices, raise purchase orders and ensure budget is kept up to date with latest spend.
- Ensure the company Customer Relationship Management tool is kept up-to-date with latest contacts and data.
- Liaise with Communications freelancers and suppliers to help with project delivery.
- Perform other duties as requested by your line manager.
- Prepared to work out of regular hours, in particular for meetings with AS USA and AS Japan. Prepared to travel overseas on occasion.
- Educated to university degree level in a relevant subject, for example, Humanities, Social Sciences / Engineering, Physics, Marketing & Communications, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years + experience in a marketing or communications role, excluding internships / work experience
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, able to succinctly summarise complex technical information for different audiences both specialist and non-specialist
- First-hand experience using Content Management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, and for internal communications platforms such as SharePoint.
- Demonstrable experience of developing newsletter content, visuals and using newsletter platforms e.g. MailChimp
- Solid experience of using social media platforms, posting content, generating engagement, analysing results. Comfortable using platforms such as Hootsuite, Co-schedule or similar.
- Experience of using Google analytics and how these analyses feed into communications planning
- Experience of / good understanding of media monitoring platforms
- A flexible and can-do approach to delivering MarComms activities on time. Highly organised, with the ability to respond to priorities and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet competing deadlines.
- Resilient, calm and effective under pressure, with the ability to respond to change, juggle priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in science and / or space sector communications
- Experience working with international colleagues, based in other countries and cultures.
- Experience of working with Customer Relationship Marketing platforms.
- Experience of supporting internal communications processes and developing internal communications approaches.
- Experience of working with designers, print houses and photographers.
Please share a covering letter, CV and two examples of your own written work when applying.
The deadline for this position has passed