Advanced Concepts and Robotics Placement (12 months)
Internship 12 months Stevenage, UK
Uploaded 2 Apr 2021
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The Advanced Concept and Robotics Team department is responsible for early phase studies and projects supporting a range of future planetary and in-space robotic missions from conceptual studies to hardware development. These diverse projects are led by a multi-disciplinary team supported by relevant specialists.
The current vacancy for a placement student offers opportunities to interact with experienced engineers from various disciplines to design and build spacecraft and robotics systems (including rovers and manipulators, for planetary applications).
The candidate will have the opportunity to work both at conceptual and system level, as well as supporting more hands-on development and testing of robotic systems.
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
Main activities of the role:
- Robotics Systems engineering – Analyse mission requirements and support the sizing of robotics systems. Develop a broader experience and understanding of all the domains involved in the development of robotics systems including mechanisms, control, software, etc
- Support robotic-focussed studies and development activities – Support the technical lead or the project manager to deliver studies and hardware and present results to the customers from concept to implementation. Participate in focused research and development activities.
- Support hardware development – including planning, procurement, and integration. Perform hands-on activities in the Lab including 3D printing for the Advanced Project group and beyond.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Experience/knowledge of Mechatronics /Robotics Engineering
- Computer science
- Electronics engineering
- Hands-on experience through projects and hobbies
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.