Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 27 Apr 2021
- Management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section, including activities devoted to the development of satellite communication systems.
- Support (initiating, monitoring and control) of activities related to payload technology and products developments for telecommunication satellites.
- Support the initiation of activities related to technology and product development for payload applications.
- Support the establishment and control of relevant ESA requirements, specifications and general documentation.
- Evaluation, support to negotiation, monitoring and control of development contracts and activities.
- Preparation of inputs to status reports.
- Contribute to the preparation of technology and product development work plans.
- Support other members of the section on their projects and share expertise within the section.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication.
- Cooperate with specialists in other ESA departments.
- Identify any issues during the procurement phase, the running or closing of an activity, and flag them for attention in a timely manner.
- Support the timely preparation of papers for Adjudication Committee meetings or Delegate bodies (IPC, JCB), with high quality standards.
- Provide inputs for the Department Business Intelligence management system.
- Support TIA communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.
- The post holder shall be an experienced person who has a Master or PhD degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and experience in payload technology and products for telecommunication satellites.
- A sound knowledge of multiple different types of payload equipment and their functions at payload level is desirable.
- General experience with the design, analysis, qualification, testing and implementation of satellite payload equipment for telecommunication satellites, with substantial experience in one or more of the following:
- management of development contracts for satellite payload
- design, development and/or exploitation of antenna, digital or RF units, such as:
- low noise amplifiers
- channel amplifiers and linearisers
- power amplifiers
- frequency converters
- digital signal processors