Working for Open Cosmos
Aim high, go beyond! At Open Cosmos we are solving the world’s biggest challenges from space, providing businesses, governments and researchers access to more readily available information than ever before - ready for the challenge? Then read on…
Our Data Platform makes raster and vector data browsable and retrievable for visualization and/or further analysis.
For example we would like to detect and show a water leak as a vector layer on top of the reservoir picture. In order to do that we might want to detect vegetation growing which would indicate water presence.
Depending on the needs of our customers we will need to process space imagery (potentially in combination with other datasets) and visualize the results in a presentable way.
Activities might involve python scripts to process space imagery, produce vector shapes or other raster images.
Skills that the candidate will develop:
Technical skills we will develop:
- Industry programming paradigms and standards
- User interface design
- Understanding of agile methodologies in practice
- DevOps practices
- Imagery data science
Interpersonal skills we will develop
- Project management skills in a business context
- Team working within the project management context - how each role contributes to success and the importance of working together towards this
- How to continuously develop professionally in a business context and build a plan for the future
- Communication skills - how to communicate across teams, up and down the organisation
- How to innovate in a business context, how to experiment with new ideas and implement them effectively
Must be finishing the second-to-final year of their studies:
- Studying a Data Science, Computer Vision and/or GeoSpatial analysis degree
- Finishing second year in a relevant degree (as detailed above) with a GPA of 2:2 or higher
- Able to communicate effectively, actively listening and responding appropriately
- Able to relay complex information simply to technical and non technical audiences
- Able to manage own time effectively, completing work within appropriate project timescales
- Displays a curious mindset with an innovative approach to work
- Has an eye for detail, delivering work that is polished and of good quality
- Displays critical thinking skills, always looking to develop improve work and own skills
- Works in an inclusive, respectful style
- Has experience with GeoSpatial data analysis
- Demonstrable understanding of how agile works in practice
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and within a team