Senior Electronics Engineer (Space)
Direct Entry Job Permanent Farnborough, UK
Uploaded 21 Jul 2021
The full benefits package includes – Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
About the role:
QinetiQ’s UK business has a long history of supplying deep space communications, including solutions for Mars Express and Beagle 2 (2003) and the Rosalind Franklin rover (due to launch to Mars in 2022). Our Belgian facility has a track record in designing and building avionics for small satellites as well as dedicated electronics used to control scientific instruments for use on the International Space Station.
This role will be based at QinetiQ’s site in Farnborough, and will support our businesses in both the UK and Belgium. Support to the Belgian projects will be provided remotely, with occasional travel for specific project meetings.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will provide technical expertise and leadership in the development, verification and delivery of space flight digital and RF electronics solutions and other products across QinetiQ’s portfolio.
What I will be doing:
- The Electronics Engineer will deliver compliant and safe technical solutions in accordance with customer and business requirements, to time, cost and quality.
- You will lead engineering project teams in the definition and execution of effective design, development and verification plans of work from bid stage through to delivery.
- The Electronics Engineer will ensure requirements are effectively managed on projects (through derivation, flow down to sub-teams and sub-contractors, and the verification thereof).
- Lead and support independent engineering reviews and generation of design certification.
- Promote continuous process improvement.
Why join us?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. People around the world depend on us for their safety and security, and to enable the safety and security of others. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Our site is a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Come and find out how you can play a role.
- You must have an honours degree or equivalent in electronic engineering or related discipline.
- The Electronics Engineer will have experience in the design, development and verification of electronic systems for space flight applications or comparable high-reliability engineering field.
Other Jobs at QinetiQ
No jobs currently available.