Ground Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Guildford, UK
Uploaded 21 Jul 2021
Development and Delivery of Ground Segment solutions for Satellite Systems.
- Taking responsibility for design & delivery of key parts of Ground Segment deliveries such as Interface Racks, EGSE and Operation Centre Equipment.
- Working with Ground Systems Engineer and other Project team members where needed to help deliver the Satellite Mission Solutions
- Producing/updating Ground Segment documentation such as Manufacturing & Test documentation
- Assembly & Test of Systems
- Working with in-house SW teams.
- Configuration of test environments
- Supporting Installation & Commissioning of Satellite Ground Systems
- Working with others in team to review each other’s work.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in Engineering/Aerospace environment.
- Working with Communications based Hardware & Software
- A good degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computing or similar subject
- Practical Hand-on Electronics Hardware knowledge
- Experience of Writing Test plans
- Appreciation of Configuration/Version control issues
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Results orientated, can-do approach
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Decision making and creative problem solving skills
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects
- Able to work autonomously and using own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Excellent inter-personal skills - both written and oral communications; ability to interface with customers and technical representatives
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to demonstrate company mindsets; accountability, one team, customers and projects rule and audacity
- Must be able to work out of hours if required
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Experience of satellite/ground systems.
- Satellite RF systems knowledge
- Product Certification knowledge – e.g. C.E, UL, CCC etc
- Computing System Knowledge – e.g. Set-up of Computers and networking equipment
- Definition of software requirements