About Trade in Space
Trade in Space use geospatial data to help companies visualise and track agricultural insights, integrating data into blockchain supply chains.
We’ve been described by the European Space Agency as being one of the world’s most innovative businesses working at this cross-section between satellite data, and distributed applications.
We’re looking for a full stack software developer, with an interest in satellite data, smart contract systems, or ideally both, to start working on some of the projects we’re committed to deliver. When you join, you’ll have a real opportunity to be involved in in the strategic development of our applications and goals.
You’ll be working with and helping to develop our existing blockchain architecture, and our EO machine learning output to create a front end interface our customers can use.
To succeed in the role, we’ll expect you to:
- Know your way around Python and React.
- Have experience developing web applications.
- Be confident problem solving to debug and troubleshoot and find the answers.
- Be prepared to dig in and work outside your comfort zone.
- At times be customer facing to help shape project requirements.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in Linux environments.
- Have familiarity and interest with blockchain applications.
- Are proficient with git and GitHub.
- Have used Docker.
- Are familiar with geospatial data.
- Know AWS.
- Work with Jira.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, or relevant field or equivalent experience.
R&D is a big part of the role, so you might not be able to do it all right away, but being able to learn is key.
The vacancy will close when a suitable candidate is found, so we encourage an early application. Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
- 35 hours.
Our team have enjoyed the flexibility of working from home, so we’re continuing this way of working for the foreseeable future. We have daily video calls and Teams chat to keep in touch and we will have in-person meetings in Edinburgh as and when required.
- A supply of coffee for home.
- Flexible working around core events.
- Plenty of training and personal development opportunities.
- Contribution toward WFH expenses.
- A supportive working environment.
Other Jobs at Trade in Space
No jobs currently available.