Space Systems Engineer for Business Development
Graduate Position Fixed Term Metropolitan City of Turin, Italy
Uploaded 6 Sep 2021
Tyvak International S.R.L is seeking new members to join their team to support the business development team in the preparation of the technical proposals. Tyvak focuses on developing and integrating key components and technologies into highly-integrated and high performance nano-satellite vehicles. The team’s skillset ranges from architecture, design, build, and test of mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems integrated into small spacecraft.
Tyvak International S.R.L.is the first European subsidiary of Terran Orbital Corporation, already owner of Tyvak Nanosatellite Systems Inc., based in Irvine (CA, USA). The corporation’s technical team is one of the most experienced small satellite groups in the industry with unique experience and capabilities in the development of nanosatellite missions and advanced technologies.
The main company office is located in Torino, Italy. Salary and benefits are market competitive. Position expected to be filled as soon as possible.
As a Space Systems Engineer for Business Development, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple proposals / customers. The individual will be responsible for the collection of the technical solution coming from the engineering team of the consortium (e.g. space segment configuration, ground segment, etc.) and for the writing of the full technical proposal with the aims of
• Presenting to the customer the solution proposed for the specific tender
• Demonstrating how requirements will be met
• Outlining the work logic
• The problem areas identified and the mitigation approach proposed
Specific tasks may include:
• Perform spacecraft preliminary design and liasion with all technical teams during the technical solution definition
• Requirements management to ensure the proper traceability in the technical solution
• Report to Engineering Managers for proposals review and iterations
• Liaison with members of bid consortium for their contribution to the technical solution
• Support the Proposal Manager in creating the bid consortium with suitable partners for the technical solution to satisfy the customer requirements
• Bachelor's degree (Master preferred) in a Space-related technical field
• Experience and understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets
• Understanding of NewSpace environment and Micro-Nano-Pico Satellite ecosystem is highly desirable
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to communicate across the team and reporting to the Engineering Managers
• Meticulous attention to details
• Proficient communication skills and ability to provide and receive feedback for collective team development