Mission Operations Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Helston, Cornwall, UK
Uploaded 15 Sep 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our rapidly expanding satellite communications company.
We seek a confident and capable person who is keen to jump in and help colleagues wherever needed. We are looking for candidates who are good team players, willing to be flexible and partake in different areas of work, as required.
The successful candidate will take a proactive and creative approach to contribute to on-going projects whilst being able to work under their own initiative.
The role will involve:
- Routine operations of one or more ground stations, involving following procedures, methodical reporting and logging, and ensuring systems are performing as required
- Supporting the development of procedures, tests and investigations
- Supporting anomaly investigation and resolution processes
- Performing routine and critical real-time operations
- Performing health and performance trend analysis at system and subsystem level.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor/line manager from time to time.
Goonhilly Earth Station Ltd (GES) acquired the world-famous Goonhilly Satellite Station in 2014. It is an independent, privately-owned SME providing a complete range of satellite communications services and growing an ever wider range of space and data related services, including deep space communications.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline, or have demonstrated experience in a relevant field
- Be able to follow procedures and instructions robustly,
- Be confident to question procedures and processed that may need to be adapt
- Be competent in various computing platforms
- Basic competence in Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Be able operate in a calm, orderly and disciplined manner during high stress situations
- Be able to identify problems and report them in a timely manner
- Be detail orientated and able to work using own initiative with limited supervision, as well as alongside other team members
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Flexibility to work shifts, when required
- Familiarity with scripting or programming
- Experience with Mission Ops support
- Experience of shift work
Please send your CV and a letter of application describing your suitability for the role, demonstrating how you match the person specification via email to recruitment [at] goonhilly [dot] org (preferred), or to:
Goonhilly Earth Station Ltd