Senior Project Manager
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 20 Sep 2021
The Project Management team at the Satellite Applications Catapult manages the vast number of the exciting, groundbreaking space technology lead projects. The team here is passionate about Project management and thrive to continuously grow and improve our ways of working and increase the effectiveness of all that we do. We are seeking for a likeminded individual to join our ranks with a clear passion for project management, delivery and continuous improvement.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful management and delivery of Complex and Transformative projects at the Catapult.
This role involves management of:
- quality assurance of deliverables
- configuration control
- project plans
- organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings
- meeting project deadlines
- Risk and issue management
- Report preparation for internal and external stakeholders
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for building a relationship with funding and Customer bodies. The Senior Project Manager will identify and work with the VS Lead/Project Sponsor and Business Strategy Lead on expansion and extension opportunities that arise as a result of the project delivery. The Senior Project Manager will ultimately be responsible for the outputs of Associate PM or Project Coordinators working on the project.
The purpose of the Catapult is to support UK industry by accelerating the growth of satellite applications and to contribute to capturing a 10% share of the global space market predicted by 2030. We focus on three themes across our targeted market areas:
- Energising the Market - We unlock customer demand and open new markets to the space sector.
- Empowering the Technology – We help companies bring their product or service to market.
- Enabling Business – We connect businesses of all sizes with the resources they need to grow.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of delivering Complex and Transformative projects (multi year/multimillion).
- Experience in developing opportunities for project expansion and extension
- Strong demonstrable experience of budget management and reporting on multiple projects
- Strong demonstrable experience of RIDAL management to inform contingency and reshaping/restructuring of project delivery aligned to the strategy.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of projects and/or projects with large consortiums.
- The ability to lead projects to success and motivate your project teams.
- Effective change management methods where required.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to effectively manage stakeholder engagement, tailoring communication style accordingly.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project and SharePoint
- In depth knowledge of the project management lifecycle and demonstrate competencies in applying it in a project context
- Organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines and work on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Demonstrable experience of applying Waterfall/Agile or other appropriate Project Management methodologies as required.
- Has undertaken formal Project Management training and gained relevant qualifications in Prince2/APM/Agile.
- Takes responsibility for personal development through conduct of continuous project management development.
- Stakeholder management
- Role Model
- Decision making
- Courage to question and challenge
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Responsible for Continuous professional development
- Confident to take initiative.
- Organisational skills
We particularly encourage applications from female, black and ethnic minority and LGBTQ community who are currently under-represented within Satellite Applications Catapult.
The deadline for this position has passed