About Skyrora and your role:
Skyrora is a European launch company building the next generation of rockets to launch small satellites into space from British soil, with the aim of achieving our first orbital launch in June 2022. Skyrora work closely with industry, academia, and governmental stakeholders in order to achieve the UK Space Agency goal of capturing 10% of the global space market by 2030. As part of Skyrora’s corporate development, we are looking to grow our team within our Edinburgh headquarters.
This junior role will involve working alongside the Business Development Team as well as Skyrora’s Engineering Team to develop Skyrora’s business processes, managing daily company operations with regards to receptionist responsibilities as well as office management. Responsibilities can include organisation and management of logistics for conference and events attendance, stock management, managing incoming phone calls and email enquiries. The role is office-based, at our headquarters overlooking Edinburgh Castle.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a friendly and sociable team across Europe in an exciting and fast-growing space company.
What we are looking for:
An enthusiastic and motivated candidate with a passion for the space sector.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to write to a consistently high standard
- The ability to plan ahead and manage multiple projects at a given time
- The ability to think outside the box in order to highlight areas of improvement within the company
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- A positive attitude and high-level of motivation
- A genuine interest in space
Benefits include (but are not limited to):
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and vibrant sector
- The opportunity to work as part of a friendly and sociable team
- Frequent social and team-building events
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the title 'Business Support Officer Application 2021'.