Chief Operational Officer/Business Development Executive
Direct Entry Job Permanent Edinburgh, UK
Uploaded 21 Sep 2021
About Us and Your Role
Skyrora is a European launch company building the next generation of rockets to take small satellites into space from the UK. We are aiming to conduct our first orbital launch in June 2022, with several suborbital launches planned before then. We work closely with several academic, industrial and governmental stakeholders to work towards the UK Space Agency’s target of capturing 10% of the global space market by 2030. As part of our corporate development, we are looking to scale-up the team at our Edinburgh Headquarters.
The role involves working alongside the Business Development and Engineering Teams to develop Skyrora’s business and image, managing daily company operations with regards to lead and enhance full scale of business development and sales. Successful contracts and orders, grant applications, JV establishments, multi-sectors and multi-countries cooperation – are the daily role’s routine. The role is office-based, but with frequent opportunities to travel around the world representing the organisation at the highest-level meetings and events.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a friendly and sociable team across Europe in an exciting and fast-growing space company.
What we are looking for:
Space veteran looking to get involved in a dynamic European young company.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- A genuine interest in space
- Confidence in speaking publicly
- Engineering and sales expertise
- Brilliant past business achievements / track record
- References from top-industry players
- Wide network within aerospace industry including government stakeholders
- Excellent multi-tasking and people management skills
Benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and vibrant sector
- Friendly and sociable team
- Extensive domestic and international travel prospects
- Opportunities to take ownership of all BD projects
- Salary increases with experience/performance
- Frequent social and teambuilding events
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected].