We are looking to recruit three Senior Project Managers into the Imaging Systems Division
(ISD), STFC, RAL SPACE to support our current and rapidly increasing project portfolio. You
will have the exciting opportunity to have project responsibility from the outset within a close supporting network.
RAL Space provides world-leading space research and technology development, space test
facilities, instrument and mission design, and studies of science and technology requirements for new missions.
STFC recognises and values employees as individuals and provides a rewards and benefit
package including a flexible working scheme, an excellent Defined Benefit pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, plus 10.5 public and privilege days and a number of other benefits.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Management and delivery of projects and/or significant work packages, meeting key success criteria (e.g. budget, schedule, quality)
- Leading multidisciplinary teams to produce project deliverables in accordance with Customer requirements
- Management and reporting of project finances, resources and risks
- Management of sub-contractors and consortium partners if required
- Reporting to key stakeholders using written reports, Gantt charts and presentations
- Leading a team of specialists preparing proposals for future lines of work
- Maintain health and safety standards according to best practice and the SHE Codes of Conduct.
The following criteria will be assessed at Shortlisting (S), Interview (I) or both (S&I)
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent (S)
- Recognised project management qualification, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or equivalent (S)
- Ability to demonstrate project management experience across a range of projects with proven ability to manage projects within strict financial and schedule constraints is required (S&I)
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams (S&I)
- Experience of managing project finances (budget management, forecasting and Earned Value Management) (S&I)
- Experience with project planning tools, in particular MS Project and MS Excel (S&I)
- Experience of managing subcontractors or other external project partners (I)
- Proven ability to maintain standard of work while managing workloads on multiple projects (I)
- Proven ability to work under pressure, set priorities and make decisions independently when required (I)
- Proven ability to work autonomously towards a goal, driven, confident, and self-motivated (I)
- Proven ability to lead and be a proactive team member (I)
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills (S&I)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) (S&I).
- Post graduate and/or undergraduate degree in Aerospace engineering, Aeronautics & Astronautics, or Space related discipline (I)
- Active member of the Association of Project Management (APM), Project Management Institute (PMI) or other internationally recognised project management organisation (I)
- Project management experience within the space sector (I)
- Line management experience (I)
- Proven track record of leading large programmes (I).
Online applications only preferred for this role. Please submit a CV and covering letter which clearly outlines how you fulfil the criteria specified along with your motivation for UKRI and the role.
The deadline for this position has passed