The UKSEDS Marketing Team is responsible for representing UKSEDS across all channels through eye-catching design as well as building important connections. We develop creative marketing strategies to drive engagement and ensure that our content is the best it can be.
Role: Marketing Team Volunteer
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and motivated individuals to join our team. Previous experience in graphic design and marketing is a bonus but not essential. The successful candidate will be involved in daily design, branding and background marketing tasks. A good-eye for design and demonstrated flexibility are a must.
The Marketing Team has online meetings every week which you would be encouraged to attend when you can to give an update on your progress and suggest any new ideas that you might have. Training will be provided, we expect this role to take approximately 2-4 hours per week.
Why should you volunteer with UKSEDS?
Joining UKSEDS is the best way to get involved in the space sector as a student. You’ll gain all sorts of skills and experience, and have the chance to work with lots of space organisations and members of the community. Most importantly, you’ll get to work with other like-minded students to achieve something incredible, and have fun while you do!
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely, is highly motivated, and is generally a nice person. Working with UKSEDS should be something that you enjoy doing. We don’t need you to be studying a STEM degree, all you need is an interest in space!
If at any point, for any reason, you can’t do the role, that’s fine. We are students too, and we appreciate that exams, deadlines, and life often get in the way of volunteer roles like these. We will work with you to deal with these issues.
- Keen interest in graphic design and marketing
- Passionate about the space sector
- Motivated and able to take ownership over projects
- Be a member of UKSEDS (it is free - ukseds.org/join) [To be eligible to volunteer you must be over 18 and be enrolled at a UK university or have been in the last 3 years]
- Experience in designing graphics, scheduling social media posts, creating marketing campaigns
- Good communicator (oral and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of a professional society or student group