As part of D-Orbit Business Development team, you will work on the research and development related to current and future products of the company. In particular, you will interface the institutional market, capturing and acquiring potential opportunities offered by institutional organisations, coordinating and preparing answers to bids, either as prime or subcontractor, often within large international teams.
You will also support D-Orbit business development, including products roadmapping and evolution.
Task and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and/or supporting the team BID through the full Bid Lifecycle;
- Monitor relevant competitive BID & tender procurement opportunities and supporting the internal bid/no-bid process;
- Co-ordinate and produce the BID response proposal (RFI, ITT, RFP, Tender, etc.), and related documents;
- Work closely with engineering, procurement & program management and facilitate multi-disciplined groups brainstorming to support the development and submission of bid responses (RFI, ITT, RFP, Tender, etc.) in synergy with the internal Program, Technical teams, for all institutional proposal activities including technical solution, WBS, project master schedule and resource planning, cost estimation, risks and opportunities, make or buy strategy, subcontracts negotiation, definition and validation of the contractual, financial and commercial conditions, proposal writing, final validation and submission.
- Responsible of opportunities from institutional customers from early capturing up to request for proposal.
- Supporting the business development with customers feedback and inputs.
- Negotiation of the offer.
- Solicit management reviews and approvals during proposal development
- Monitor proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements Handover for transition to the project.
Qualification and Experience
- At least three-five years of working experience in complex bids preparation, with focus on space institutional entities ( responsibilities and task will vary according to the level of seniority);
- Knowledge of the space market, with focus on the institutional organizations (e.g. Space Agencies, Local and National Governments, etc.);
- Knowledge of System Engineering principles and system-level knowledge of all spacecraft subsystems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills and capacity to work in large, international teams.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira tools is a plus;
University degree in Engineering, preferably in the field of Aerospace/Space engineering is a plus.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory. Knowledge of another European language will be an asset.