We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. You will become part of a growing Quality and Product Assurance group, with responsibility for the Quality Management System at D-Orbit UK. Within this team, you will own the quality of assigned projects, technology developments and the compliance of the QMS to the EN9100 norm. You will collaborate in standardization and training activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Achieve and maintain compliance to EN9100 at D-Orbit UK
- supporting establishment and implementation of standards and best practices in the product and quality assurance field.
- supporting implementation of the configuration management system under D-Orbit projects.
- preparing, tailoring and implementing general and project-specific programmatic and technical requirements based on the applicable product and quality assurance baseline.
- supporting to monitor and report about supplier PA&S program execution to ensure compliance with applicable requirements; this includes auditing activities.
- Managing non-conformances, their solution and analysis of root causes.
- Interfacing with and reporting to the Quality team in Italy.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
We are looking for the following experience:
- Experience with ISO9001 and/or EN9100 standard is a requirement.
- Experience working within a quality assurance environment
- Experience in the technical domains covered by the position
- Experience with Space Quality Standards (and Space Standards in general), their implementation and of the space industry in general.
You will have many of the following skills:
- Capability of working in autonomy
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Easily interact and discuss with colleagues and externals from different Engineering areas
- Ability to work well in an International team setting to meet tight schedules
- Knowledge of any topics within configuration management, international shipment management, quality auditing or assessor certification is considered a plus
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as electronic, aerospace or mechanical/materials engineering.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.
Knowledge of the Italian language is considered a plus.