We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with a focus on embedded vision systems to join our team. You will become part of a growing software design group responsible for the delivery of software components across a range of embedded and high performance applications in space.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will contribute to the entire application lifecycle with a focus on the specification, design, deployment, test, integration and maintenance of software features. Improving and developing new features to shared libraries, adding additional capabilities to existing flight applications, will also be a key part of this. Through these activities and by working with the key stakeholders in the development process you will deliver exciting new features and directly support on-going spacecraft operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the entire application lifecycle, focusing on requirements elicitation, coding, debugging and integration with the flight hardware
- Validation of features including integration with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test suites
- Scouting of the latest technologies within embedded software development and driving their adoption within the group
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the teams processes and methodologies
- Support to AIV activities and orbital operations
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
You will have at least some of the following skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in embedded software development
- Experience developing software for embedded vision camera systems
- Experience with any software system based on MIPI CSI-2 camera interface is considered an advantage
- Experience with application software using driver stacks based on Video4Linux is considered an advantage
- Experience delivering embedded software in any C-family language
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems (such as RTEMS or FreeRTOS) and/or operating systems targeted for embedded applications (such as any embedded Linux) is considered an advantage
- Experience with any device driver development for embedded Linux systems
- Familiarity with typical software development methodology and release versioning processes
- Familiarity with Git versioning system or any similar DVCS
- Capability of working in autonomy
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work hard in a team setting to meet tight schedules
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as aerospace engineering, electronic engineering, computer science or automation.
Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory.