In general, in the space industry, structural engineering is pushed to the limits in terms of lightweight and strength/stiffness performances: light structures are necessary to contain the costs of the launch and a careful design is required to make the spacecraft compliant with the severe mechanical loads environment of a launch. Moreover, in the frame of the so-called new space economy, a certain speed in design and integration is required to reduce costs and to meet customers’ specifications.
D-Orbit is looking for a CAD technician, whose role can be mainly summarized in the following points:
- Perform technical drawings of components and assemblies;
- Support technical design of components and assemblies;
- Bill of materials organization and maintenance;
- Drafting of assemblies procedure;
- Technical interface with procurement team;
- Technical interface with workshop supplier;
- Technical interface with quality assurance team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical Diploma;
- 1 - 2 years experience as CAD Designer;
- Experience in CAD software (knowledge of PTC Creo is a plus);
- Experience in assembly technical manual drafting is a plus;
- Experience in PLM or PDM software is a plus;
- Experience in a mechanical workshop is a plus;
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Knowledge of the English language is required;
- Knowledge of the Italian language is a plus.