Product Assurance Manager
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 29 Sep 2021
Oxford Space Systems has a track record of innovation and delivery with multiple systems flown to date and 100% in-orbit deployment success, and we are looking for an experienced Product Assurance (PA) Engineer to ensure our projects meet their objectives in a safe and reliable way, by methodically identifying all possible adverse outcomes, then assisting our Engineering Teams to identify and execute strategies to prevent those outcomes from taking place.
Reporting to the Business Improvement Manager, this role covers several projects, interacting with various business departments and working alongside the project teams throughout the life cycle of the projects.
Do you have what it takes support our teams and provide your PA expertise to ensure products meet the quality standards we expect?
If you’re a proactive and responsive individual who will provide the perspective of the customer in the project team and confidently work with our technical teams through PDR, CDR and MAIT phases, ensuring our hardware deliverables meet quality standards and adherence to the PA plan, then this is the role for you.
You will lead the development of PA plans and project documentation essential to ensure traceability of materials, parts and components while also detecting and resolving deviations from these plans and procedures.
For each project, you are responsible for ensuring that end products meet customer requirements by verifying that the design meets those requirements, and that the implementation of the products reflects the design intent. A deep understanding of the Product Assurance discipline is necessary to tailor the PA approach to the level of risk tolerated for each project (e.g. traditional vs. new space).
You will need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or a HNC combined with the right level and type of experience. You need to demonstrate experience in a similar level role, ideally in a high regulated industry such as Space, Nuclear, Aerospace, or Automotive sectors.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree-level in relevant subject or HNC minimum with relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Product Assurance and/or Quality Assurance, preferably in the Space domain.
- Knowledge and understanding of ECSS (or equivalent) and lean commercial PA / QA approaches
- Good understanding of mechanical, thermal and radiation tolerance properties of materials and their practical implementation
- Demonstrate a common sense/pragmatic and logical approach to problem solving –ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Root cause analysis
- Excellent use of Windows 10 and MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Excellent technical English written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with and adapting to new IT systems and software
- Experience of workingwithin multi-disciplined team
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- An excellent team player, but equally comfortable working independently.
- Seeks to understand and pro-actively supportcolleagues, with a willingness to learnand share knowledge with other members of the team.
- A practical and positive attitude to new and challenging situations.
- Self-starter, responsive, acts as soon as issues get identified
- Takes ownership of a problem from start to finish, presenting findings and solutions.
- Produces outputs of good quality, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within defined timescales to meet programme milestones
- Ability to work on several projects/tasks
- Driven by technical challenges, problem solving and practical implementation of new ideas
- Good judgement to make sound decisions within the role’s parameters.Desirable
- Internal auditor experienceand/or familiarity with ISO 9001.
- Experience delivering projects against ECSS & MIL standards
- Hands-on practical experience in mechanicalor RFengineering fields
- Knowledge of configuration management