Senior Project Engineer\Systems Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 29 Sep 2021
OSS has a track record of innovation and delivery with multiple systems flown to date and 100% in-orbit deployment success. We have achieved this through combining well proven technologies with innovative use of materials and origami-inspired principles to develop deployable antennas which are mass and stowage efficient. Our talented team of engineers, world-class facilities and capabilities in the areas of RF, mechanical, thermal and structural dynamics analysis and design, combined with our manufacturing facilities and the largest clean room in the Harwell campus, enable the development of novel antenna products for science missions, New Space commercial constellations and MoD projects critical to UK sovereign space capabilities. As a Systems Engineer you will bring all these elements together to deliver high-performing antenna products to our fast-growing customer base.
Do you have what it takes to join our team of talented engineers and deliver novel antenna products?
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will lead the technical development of novel deployable reflector antenna projects as well as assist with the verification and space qualification of our existing antenna product lines. A key position within our company, the Senior Systems Engineer reports directly to the Chief Engineer and works alongside Technical Specialists in the fields of Mechanical and RF antenna design for space applications ranging from Internet of Things to Synthetic Aperture Radar, from LEO to planetary missions, from small cubesats to large satellite platforms.
You will need a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electronic, Mechatronics, Systems or Aerospace engineering or a related discipline (eg Physics or Applied Maths), combined with the right level and type of experience. You need to have proven successful delivery of complex space projects from Phase 0 to Phase C/D, as well as possess experience as a leader working at a senior technical level within the space or aerospace industry.
If you want to know more about the role then please click here, to apply click on the link above.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical/Electronic/Systems /Aerospace engineering or related subject.
- Previous engineering leadership experience working at a senior technical level within the aerospace/space industry.
- Proven experience of technically delivering complex multi-disciplinary space flight projects.
- Knowledge of relevant ECSS standards.
- Experienced user of one or more software packages for mechanical, RF, thermal or mathematical modelling (e.g. SW professional, FEMAP,CST, GRASP,TMG Maya, Matlab).
- Pragmatic and logical approach to problem solving –using best tool for the job to achieve effective solutions.
- Ability to complete top level analysis for system sizing using either commercial analytical tools or hand calculations.
- Fast learner who can quickly understand new technical concepts.
- An excellent communicator, who can effectively convey ideas and solutions to people who have limited knowledge of RFor thermo-mechanical engineering concepts.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of RF/EMC and antenna design is a distinct advantage.